Connect with Deerfield alumni and the Office of Advancement with this leadership opportunity. Apply to be an Advancement Ambassador before Monday, April 5. Interviews will take place from April 5-20.
“I had the opportunity to interview an alumni about her experiences as an educator this fall. It was super interesting to connect with someone who recently graduated and hear about her journey beyond high school!” -Sunshine Chen ’23
Questions? Email us.
If selected, student leaders will have first-hand experience in all areas of advancement— from alumni relations and communications to fundraising, marketing, and related areas.
- Meet with Advancement staff three times each year to discuss interests and opportunities in the Ambassador program (minimum once a month for 1 hour).
- Assist Advancement staff with on-campus events such as Convocation, Choate Day, Huffard Lecture, etc. (time varies)
- Opportunity to serve on a student panel at the spring meeting of the Executive Committee of the Alumni Association (1–1.5 hours)
- Opportunity to serve as a moderator and/or host for Heritage or Ashley Award presentations at School Meetings including preparing questions and coordinating with award recipients.
- Participate in nomination process for Heritage and Ashley Award recipient selection.
- Create videos for advancement promotions, i.e. fundraising challenges or Choate Day promos.
The following are roles specific to seniors only.
- Assist Advancement staff with the annual Pathways program on campus by promoting among classmates and hosting alumni returning to campus.
- Help with senior tie selection by collecting classmate votes.
- Assist Advancement staff with promoting senior pledge, including co-hosting senior feeds.
- Opportunity exists to serve as Class Agents upon graduation