As we reflect on the ways Deerfield helped us grow into our adult selves, many of us will choose to make a gift in honor of our 50th reunion.
Whatever your financial circumstances, please take time to explore your options for making a special 50th reunion gift. Just as our experiences were unique, our gifts can reflect our individuality. Please review the many different ways to give (below), and know that gifts of all types (including documented bequest intentions) will count toward our 50th grand total.
Together we can build a meaningful 50th Reunion Gift to Deerfield.
Support our 50th Reunion Class Project!
If there’s one thing that can be said about the Great Class of 1970, it’s that we know how to have a good time. It is in this spirit that our reunion committee has rallied around the idea of furnishing a game room for our 50th Reunion Class Gift. Located in the Stoltzfus Room in the Greer, the central hub of campus, this will be a proper game room, open to all and created to bring people together, away from their individual screens and dorm rooms. Complete with billiards, pinball, foosball, air hockey, lounge furniture and more, this Game Room is a place to play, laugh, and share unpressured time in an otherwise high-pressure world.
Given how important common spaces were to our class, we couldn’t think of a better way to impact future generations of Deerfield students than to create a truly fun and unique place in which the community can gather. Please join us and make your gift to Deerfield today!
Have an impact today:
Alumni, parents, and friends contribute nearly $7 million every year to Deerfield’s Annual Fund, providing a critical 10% of the Academy’s operating budget, and ensuring the very finest secondary school education for today’s students.
- Give Now by credit card (designate gift type as Annual Fund)
- Mail a check (Indicate Annual Fund in memo line):
P.O. Box 306
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Donate appreciated securities or mutual fund shares. Contact Debra Diemand for transfer instructions at email@example.com or 413-774-1839.
- Direct up to $100,000 in current dollars from your IRA to Deerfield, rather than having to declare it at taxable income. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Consider planned giving options at Deerfield
- Bequests: Name Deerfield as a beneficiary in your will, trust, or IRA. 50th Reunion gift credit is available if you provide documentation of your bequest intention.
- Retirement Accounts: Tax-deferred retirement accounts such as IRAs can be highly taxable to your heirs. Non-profits like Deerfield can receive your IRA assets tax-free, upon your death. 50th Reunion gift credit is available if you provide documentation of your beneficiary designation.
- Charitable Trusts: Transfer appreciated assets (including real estate or privately held stock) to a charitable remainder trust to support Deerfield, realize significant tax savings, and direct a stream of annual payments to yourself or someone else.
- Gift Annuities: Fixed annual payments for life, guaranteed by Deerfield. Rates are based on age. Approximately 30% of the gift value is likely to be tax deductible.
- Life Insurance: Whole life policies (with cash value) can make great charitable gifts.
For more information on planned giving opportunities contact:
Casey Vollinger, 50th Reunion Leadership Gifts Officer: 413-774-1587 (office), email@example.com
Jessica Remillard, Administrative Assistant to Gift Planning and 50th Reunions: 413-774-1584 (office), firstname.lastname@example.org