The Office of Inclusion and Community Life is excited to announce that we will honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday, January 17, with a day of special programming. No classes will meet on this day. Instead, we will follow a Special Schedule that commences at 8:30am in the Hess Auditorium and concludes at 3:15 pm in time for normal cocurricular activities.
You will notice that following our morning School Meeting, we’ll hold Breakout Discussion Groups by Advisory. Please use this list (sorted by advisors’ last name) to find your faculty advisor and discussion group room location. Students should arrive at their faculty advisor’s assigned location by 11:35 am on this day.
Additional details to note:
● Students are required to attend all MLK Jr. Day programming on January 17 (attending the Chawne Kimber Freedom in Cotton Opening Reception on January 16 is optional).
● To appropriately recognize and honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, students are asked to be in class dress until 3:15pm on January 17.
● Please note that for our morning and afternoon School Meetings on January 17, students should report to the Hess Center Auditorium.
● We will follow a normal co-curricular and study hall schedule the afternoon of January 17.
● There will not be snacks available until after the morning’s School Meeting on January 17, at 11:25am, so please remember to eat breakfast!
● When our normal class schedule continues on Tuesday, January 18, First, Second, and Third Period will meet. See the rest of the week’s schedule on the Class Schedule Calendar.