Connect with Deerfield alumni and the Office of Advancement with this leadership opportunity. Apply to be an Advancement Ambassador here before Monday, April 5. Interviews will take place from April 5-20.
“Deerfield Academy exposes the student ambassadors to various unique opportunities. I’ve been a part of several platforms that involved communicating with alumni, and such opportunities like this allowed me to make personal connections with one of the most successful Deerfield graduates.” -Ryan Shin ’22
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If selected, student leaders will have first-hand experience in all areas of advancement— from alumni relations and communications to fundraising, marketing, and related areas.
• Meet with Advancement staff three times each year to discuss interests and opportunities in the Ambassador program (minimum once a month for 1 hour).
• Assist Advancement staff with on-campus events such as Convocation, Choate Day, Huffard Lecture, etc. (time varies)
• Opportunity to serve on a student panel at the spring meeting of the Executive Committee of the Alumni Association (1–1.5 hours).
• Opportunity to serve as a moderator and/or host for Heritage or Ashley Award presentations at School Meetings including preparing questions and coordinating with award recipients.
• Participate in nomination process for Heritage and Ashley Award recipient selection.
• Create videos for advancement promotions, i.e. fundraising challenges or Choate Day promos.
The following are roles specific to seniors only.
• Assist Advancement staff with the annual Pathways program on campus by promoting among classmates and hosting alumni returning to campus.
• Help with senior tie selection by collecting classmate votes.
• Assist Advancement staff with promoting senior pledge, including co-hosting senior feeds.
• Opportunity exists to serve as Class Agents upon graduation