After the third Wednesday of Green & White scrimmages this fall, the results were even. Both the Green and White teams amassed five wins, five losses and a tie.
The White teams had held the record advantage in the previous two scrimmages, posting a 6-5-3 and 6-4-2 record on October 21 and October 28 respectively.
Teams now shift their focus to their final Green and White scrimmage of the fall season happening this Saturday, November 7.
Saturday’s Game Line-Up
9:00am – Thirds Volleyball
9:45am – Girls JV & Thirds Soccer
9:45am – Boys JV, Jr. A & Jr. B Soccer
10:00am – Boys & Girls Varsity Soccer
10:00am – JV Field Hockey
10:00am – Water Polo
10:30 am – Varsity & JV Volleyball
10:30am – Varsity Field Hockey
1:00pm – Football
A couple of exciting post-game notes from coaches after their Wednesday scrimmages;
- Football: The green team prevailed 14-13, scoring on the last play of the game and scored on the two-point conversion for the victory.
- Girls Varsity Soccer: Entering the final period of play the game was tied 4-4, the White team scored the go-ahead goal and held on to their lead with some big defensive plays as the Green team pressed for the equalizer up to the final whistle.
- Boys Varsity Soccer: At the end of regulation, the game was tied and the game went to penalty kicks to decide the winner. It went to the fifth kick for the Green team to seal their victory, 2-1 (5-4 PKs).
- Boys JV Soccer: The White team rebounded from an early deficit, scoring three goals in the final period to seal the 4-3 victory.
- Girls JV & Thirds Soccer: The teams played to a 3-3 tie and are even at 1-1-1 in the scrimmage record.
For the all the team scores, click here.
Heading into Saturday’s contest, the White teams lead the way holding a 17-14-6 overall record from the three competition days. With the forecast projecting temperatures in the 60 degrees for Saturday’s games, it is bound to be great day for Deerfield teams! Stay tuned for Saturday’s results.
The varsity games can viewed on livestream, click here to watch.