Before beginning the copy process, the course into which you are importing data must have the same number of topics/weeks as the course from which the data is coming. For example, if there are 10 weeks in last year’s course, there needs to be 10 weeks in this year’s course.
- Go to the course into which you want to add topics/weeks.
- Click on Edit settings, found under Course administration (under Administration on the right side of the screen)
- Scroll down to Course Format and click to expand the options
- From the Number of sections drop down menu, select the appropriate number of topics/weeks
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save changes to return to your course page.
Import Content From an Old Course:
- Go to the course into which you want to copy content.
- Click on Import, found under Course administration (under Administration on the right side of the screen).
- Select the course from which you will be importing content. Only the courses in which you are a teacher will be displayed. Click Continue.
- Leave all Backup settings checked and click Next.
- Uncheck any elements that you do not wish to import. You can uncheck entire sections/weeks by unchecking the box next to that section/week. Click Next.
- Confirm that all elements to be imported have been checked. If not, click on Previous and check them off. If they are, click on Perform import.
- When Import complete appears, click on Continue to return to your course page. All imported content should appear.