You must have Skype downloaded and installed on your computer
You can video call anyone on Skype, anywhere in the world, for free.
Making a video call
It’s easy to make a video call:
- Sign into Skype
- Once in Skype, in the menu bar click Skype > Preferences and then select Audio/Video. Use the drop-down list to select the appropriate devices Microphone, Speakers, and Set all 3 to ICON FLEX.
- Click Contacts, and then click Skype. You may need to click >>first if you don’t see Skype.
- Find the person you want to call. If you have lots of contacts, you can type a name into the Search box to find the person you’re looking for. If the contact has one of these status icons next to their name, it means they are on Skype, so it’s free to call.
- Place your cursor over the person’s picture to see the green call button. To start the call, click Video Call. The green call button displays different ways you can call someone. When your friend is online, you will see Video Call if you have a webcam, or Call if you don’t.
- The screen changes color, a call bar appears at the bottom of the screen, and you’ll hear ringing until the other person answers.
If you can’t see or hear each other:
- Go to the Menu Bar and Click Skype > Preferences.
- Then select Audio/Video
- Make sure the Microphone, Speakers and Camera devices are all set to ICON FLEX.
To end the call:
- Click the red end call button
Answering a call on Skype
When someone calls you, a call alert window appears on your screen
There are 3 options
- Answer – Answers the call (voice only, no video)
- Answer with Video – Answer the call with video
- Decline – Rejects the call
Useful things you can do on a call:
- Open and close the side bar.
- Turn video on or off.
- Mute microphone.
- Send files, send contacts or share your screen, add more people to the video call, or send an IM.
- Hang up the call.
- Open the chat window