“Second Hand Book” is TikTok meets a book report. Create a less-than-60-second-video explaining an entire book. As an example, here is Olaf explaining the entire plot of Frozen in 60 seconds.
The rules are:
- The video needs to be less than 60 seconds
- The video must be appropriate to post on the school’s social media (Rated G or PG)
- Each individual may submit only one entry
- The book needs to be in the Boyden Library collection (check the catalog)
And there are prizes! The Student Life Office will sponsor a squad feed of either Village Pizza or Hanger for the Grand Prize winner. The top 3 entries will also receive a gift basket of goodies!
Submissions will be judged with the following criteria in mind:
- Clarity of narrative
- Accurate representation of book
- Selection of a well-known book*
*When selecting your book, please choose a book that is well known to the broader DA community. Books that are a part of the English curriculum, Shakespearean plays, popular YA books, etc. are all selections that allow for the average viewer to understand what is transpiring in the video.
Submissions are due by March 1st via this Google Form.
If you have any questions, please reach out directly to Mr. Carroll.