I am writing to provide you with important information for MLK Day on Monday, January 18.
Workshop Opportunities & Workshop Response/Registration Form
● During the cocurricular time slot on January 18, students will have the exciting opportunity to attend one of the fourteen workshops being offered (these will take place via Zoom).
● You can find the workshop descriptions here, you can also watch for Dr. Akella in today’s School Meeting for more information.
● These workshops are optional, but all students should fill out this Workshop Response/Registration Form to indicate whether or not they wish to attend a workshop. You will have time during today’s School Meeting to fill out the form. Please note you will need to log in to Google Drive with your Deerfield credentials in order to sign up for workshops.
● If you choose not to attend a workshop and instead attend cocurricular, you should explain why in a short sentence.
● If you choose to attend a workshop, you should select your top three workshop choices.
● If you elect to attend a workshop, you’ll receive a Zoom invitation this Friday from Ms. White with the link to join the workshop you have been placed in based on your choices. If you do not receive a link by Monday morning at 8 am ET, please email Ms. White.
A Guide to MLK Day Programming & Important Information for Remote Learners
• Please read the “A Guide to MLK Day Programming” document and keep it on hand to reference on Monday. It has links to important documents that you may need on Monday
• Please read the “Participating in MLK Day Programming” document, which outlines instructions for all students – whether they are in-person learners, remote synchronous learners, or remote asynchronous learners – so every student has a clear understanding of how to participate in MLK Day programming depending on their status.
Class Dress on January 18
• To appropriately recognize and honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, students are asked to be in class dress during first and second periods.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know,