In their opening home meet of 2019, the boys and girls varsity swimming and diving teams each earned team victories to sweep the visiting Suffield Tigers. With the mid-week wins, both teams maintain their perfect early season record at 3-0.
The girls swimming and diving team earned four first place finishes, nine second place finishes and eight third place finishes to help secure the victory, 96-89. In addition, the Big Green finished first, second, and third sweeping the podium in the 100 yard freestyle event. First place finishers included;
- Niki Pelletier – 200 yard IM (2:14.55)
- Sydney Bluestein – 1 meter diving (243.90)
- Mina Liang – 100 yard freestyle (56.78)
- Mina Liang, Taylor Coan, Katie Zaslaw, and Niki Pelletier – 200 yard freestyle relay (1:41.98)
Meanwhile, the boys swimming and diving team earned eight first place finishes, six second place finishes and five third place finishes in route to the victory, 102-78. The team’s first place finishes included;
- Vojta Kupka, Ron Finkelberg, Simon Lam, Shaun Kronenwetter – 200 yard medley relay (1:38.53)
- Vojta Kupka – 200 yard freestyle (1:48.27)
- Mason Zhao – 50 yard freestyle (22.95)
- Simon Lam – 100 yard butterfly (51.97)
- Shaun Kronenwetter – 100 yard freestyle (48.54)
- Mason Zhao – 500 yard freestyle (5:11.56)
- Vojta Kupka, Ryan Kim, John O’Loughlin, Mason Zhao – 200 yard freestyle relay (1:33.77)
- Simon Lam – 100 yard backstroke (54.50)
Coming out of two weeks of rigorous training, including a week-long training trip in Florida at the end of winter break, the swimmers and divers displayed the benefits of their hard work in Wednesday’s victory. In the meet, many of the Big Green swimmers and divers exceeded their expectations to secure the victories.
Click here for the complete meet results.
The Big Green will look to carry Wednesday’s momentum into their second straight home meet today vs. Exeter at 4:30pm. Tune in to watch the game on Livestream.