How to Write a Proposal 101:
Your proposal should be about one page in length and address the following:
• Where will you work?
• What is the problem you are trying to solve?
• What is your role in addressing the problem?
• Who will you be working with?
• What resources do you need to accomplish your goal?
• How much money are you requesting and what will it be used for?
• What steps will you take in order to accomplish your goal?
• What’s the timeline of your project?
• What will success look like?
- What is the problem?
- Think: Who? What? Where? When? Why?
- What is your role in addressing the problem?
- Think: This is my goal
- What resources do you need to accomplish your goal, and what will you do with those resources?
- Should include a budget
- How will your mission be accomplished?
- Think: These are the specific things that will be done to accomplish my goal with the resources
- How will you know that you have met your goal?
- Think: What will success look like? 1-2 measures of success that are achievable within your time frame and requested resources
Closing remarks: Thank you, follow up information, your signature