Deerfield played its first school match of 2022 and carried forward the momentum from their dominating performance at Loomis. Though without four of the players who secured that win back in December, this deep roster played hard and never let Westminster get comfortable. Seniors Caroline Hoff, Grace Honos, and Hunter Pulliam notched straight-set victories, as did junior Marnie Todd and ninth-grader Emi Takegami, who played in the top seven for the first time this season. Liv Waterfall made her debut in the top spot on the ladder and dispatched a Westie player borrowed from their Varsity squad, bouncing back from a mental struggle in the third game to secure the win with a commanding fourth. The grittiest performance of the day was delivered by Kaitlyn Kelly, a four-year Deerfield squash veteran who hadn’t played an interscholastic match in two years. Though narrowly defeated in a 40-minute match, she has knocked off the rust and is one to watch when the teams play a rematch down in Simsbury next weekend.
- Olivia Waterfall: W, 11-7, 11-7, 8-11, 11-3
- Caroline Hoff: W, 11-3, 11-7, 15-13
- Hunter Pulliam: W, 11-5, 11-5, 11-9
- Marnie Todd: W, 11-7, 11-5, 11-6
- Grace Honos: W, 11-9, 11-6, 11-2
- Kaitlyn Kelly: L, 11-8, 10-12, 8-11, 11-5, 8-11
- Emi Takegami: W, 11-2, 11-9, 11-6