Before connecting to an Apple TV, make sure the iPad is connected to the GreenDoor wireless network.
To ensure the best signal quality in the classroom, it is recommended that before following these steps turn off wifi on the iPad and then turn it back on.
- Press APPLE TV on Extron button panel. When Apple TV screen appears, move on to next steps.
- Activate AirPlay on iPad **
- Slide a finger up from bottom of screen
- Select AirPlay icon (bottom center right – looks like a rectangle with a solid black triangle sticking into the bottom)
- Select classroom (all Apple TVs are named by room) and turn Mirroring On
- iPad image should now be projected.
- If image does not appear, go back to AirPlay icon and turn Mirroring On. In some cases, mirroring does not take the first time.
- Volume is controlled from Volume knob on the Extron button panel and volume toggle on iPad.
When done, be sure to disconnect from Apple TV so next person in room can connect.
- Go back to AirPlay on your iPad
- Select iPad to disconnect from Apple TV
- Press System Off on Extron button panel to turn off projector
** NOTE: To ensure reliable connectivity, you must be running iOS 10.x or later on your iPad. Please contact the ITS Help Desk if you need assistance upgrading to the latest version of iOS.