Craft a Strong Proposal — Attend a Grant Workshop!
Before applying for a grant, please attend a grant-writing workshop. Workshops will be held:
- Sunday, February 16, 6:45 p.m. CSGC Grant Workshop #1
- Monday, March 30, 7:00 p.m. CSGC Grant Workshop #2
- Wednesday, April 1, 7:00 p.m. CSGC Grant Workshop #3
- Tuesday, April 7, 7:00 p.m. CSGC Grant Workshop #4
We invite all returning students and strongly encourage all returning CSGC leaders to attend a workshop and submit a proposal.
Please come to any of these meetings prepared to write a grant proposal. Your grant proposal should include the following considerations, and, therefore, you should come to the meeting with ideas to respond to the following prompts:
- What is the geographic area that will benefit from your work?
- What is the “name” of your service work? In other words, in one sentence, or in a few words, how would you describe your interests to someone else?
- How much money would you request?
- How will the money be used?
- Who will be helped?
- Why are you interested? Do you have a personal connection to this issue?
- What is the desired outcome? What is the goal of your service work?
- When would the work start and end?
- How many days a week? How many hours a day? Who – besides you – would be involved?
- Is there an organization already in existence whose practices you would model? In other words, have other organizations been successful in doing what you want to do? What are the names of these organizations (or this organization)?