The application for 2019 is up!
*This program is for current 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students only.
Domestic Applications: Admission is on a rolling basis until enrollment is full or May 1st, whichever is sooner
International Applications: Admission is on a rolling basis until enrollment is full or May 1st, whichever is sooner
Here are a few things that you can prepare ahead of time before you apply:
The application requires a teacher recommendation. We recommend that you:
- Contact your teacher ahead of time to make sure they are willing and able to help.
- Obtain the teachers’ full name and email address.
- Let your teacher know that after you complete your application they will receive an email from us with instructions.
We will also need academic information from your school. We recommend that you:
- Contact your school beforehand to determine who can provide us with a copy of your transcript. It will most likely be someone in your Guidance Office, Main Office, or Registrar Office.
- Obtain the full name and email address of the best person to contact.
- Let them know that after you complete your application they will receive an email from us with instructions.
There are additional instructions for International applicants below.
The Experimentory offers a limited amount of financial assistance for domestic students. Financial aid is based on need and is applied for along with the program application. We are not able to provide financial aid to cover the cost of the entire program.
All students applying for financial aid must apply for both the program and financial aid by February 1, 2019 to be considered. Financial aid applicants will be notified of their admissions decision and financial aid decision together via email by February 15, 2019.
For more information on how to apply for financial aid, please refer to this letter from our Director of Financial Aid.
To apply for Financial Aid, please visit solutionsbysss.com/parents n addition to completing an Experimentory application.
If you are not a US Citizen or if you are a US citizen but attending school outside of the United States, you will complete our International Application. It is identical to our Domestic Application with one exception: Since our courses are not designed to accommodate beginning learners of English, international students have some extra requirements to demonstrate their English speaking and writing proficiency. To prepare for this, international students should:
- Have an English teacher serve as your reference.
- Create a PDF of a graded school essay in English to demonstrate English proficiency. The PDF must be a scanned copy that shows the teacher’s marks.
- Create a two minute video of you talking about the Experimentory, why you are interesting in attending, and what you hope to learn from the experience.
- Note that in some cases we may also require an applicant Skype interview.
Amethyst discovered the satisfaction of seeing rough ideas mix and develop into a final product during her Music + Film course cluster. The result was even better than she imagined, and she became a better communicator along the way.