This weekend, 13 Deerfield students traveled to Hanover, NH to compete in the Dartmouth Model United Nations Conference. These students represented a number of countries in order to address global issues ranging from Brexit to Climate Change Refugees to Chemical Weapons. Many Deerfield delegates emerged as leaders in their respective committees, speaking frequently and eloquently, ultimately becoming primary sponsors on the final resolutions that passed with stunning majorities. As a result of these efforts, the following students received awards:
- Brigid Stoll – Best Delegate in the SOCHUM Committee (Climate Change Refugees, representing Libya)
- Harry Niles – Outstanding Delegate in the ECOFIN Committee (Economic Impact of Climate Change, representing Italy)
- Emma Haddock – Outstanding Delegate in the OAS Committee (Democratization of Venezuela/Argentinian Debt Crisis, representing Cuba)
- Mason Zhao – Honorable Mention in the DISEC Committee (Regulation of Chemical Weapons, representing Switzerland)
- Jing He – Verbal Commendation in the SPECPOL Committee (Yemen Humanitarian Crisis, representing Bolivia)
Our thanks to Ms. Kelly and Ms. Nichols for being advisors for the trip.