Come race your mouse trap car near the Koch Starfield in the 1st Annual Mouse Trap Car Race. You may enter individually or with a team of up to 3 total members. Need building help? Come to iLab workshop hours Monday-Thursday nights and ask Mr. Thiel or HG — but beware, they’re also racing and want to win!
Car construction rules: build with any materials you like, however the car must be powered by a single mouse trap and no other source of potential energy.
Tournament play will go as follows:
* Everyone will race in one of two divisions: Physics 1 (with qualifying speed) or Open Div. (everyone else)
* Each race has two cars based on seed location (like March Madness basketball), the winner moves on.
* The race track is a 3m long straight line, first to the finish wins.
* All teams must complete the registration form at http://bit.ly/mousetraprace by Thu., Apr. 26 at 9pm EDT.
* Megan Hayes-Golding will judge all rules for the Physics 1 division and Mr. Ferraro will judge the Open division.
Direct questions to Megan Hayes-Golding <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Thank you and good luck!