The Summer Enrichment Program at Deerfield Academy (KIPP STEP) will take place over a three-week period from July 9 – 28, 2018. Approximately 50 students will attend the residential program, arriving on campus Monday and departing on Sunday three weeks later. The program for 2018 will include a total of four proctors, two males and two females.
- Taking attendance and monitoring the non-academic activities of all KIPP STEP students throughout the day and evening. This includes attending and participating in weekend activities and field trips.
- Designing and implementing afternoon co-curricular programs for student participation.
- Responding to student questions or concerns and communicating their concerns to appropriate faculty/staff who can help and/or advise.
- Develop and maintain the trust of students, faculty and administrators thru effective communication, good listening skills and knowing how and when to involve others in giving or getting help.
- Uphold both the program and dorm rules for students. Proctors are expected to confront incidents of rule breaking and to consult with faculty and/or administrators if/when any infractions occur.
- Demonstrate sensible, responsible lifestyles and model behavior for KIPP STEP participants.
- As key members of the KIPP STEP team, work closely with faculty and administration in developing trust and open communication in responding effectively to dorm and campus concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of any information shared in proctor/faculty/administrator meetings.
* Proctors are expected to be with students when students are not in class. Proctors eat meals, reside with students in the dormitory, and are assigned to specific activities throughout the day.
** Applicants should submit an essay describing why they would like to serve as proctor and what contributions they feel they would like to make to the program.
Click here to apply.