A wind advisory has been posted for this evening. BE SAFE and please take extra care to plan your evening activities accordingly.
Issued by The National Weather Service, Boston, MA:
- WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 6 AM EDT WEDNESDAY…
- LOCATIONS… CONNECTICUT… MASSACHUSETTS EXCEPT FOR BERKSHIRE COUNTY… RHODE ISLAND AND SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE.* HAZARDS… STRONG AND POSSIBLY DAMAGING WINDS.
- WINDS… SOUTH WINDS GUSTING TO 45 TO 55 MPH… STRONGEST ACROSS HIGHER ELEVATIONS AND NEAR THE SOUTH COAST.
- TIMING… 4 PM TO MIDNIGHT IN WESTERN NEW ENGLAND. 8 PM TONIGHT TO 6 AM WEDNESDAY NEAR THE WORCESTER HILLS AND ALONG THE COAST.
- IMPACTS… WINDS COULD DOWN TREES AND LARGE BRANCHES… WHICH MAY RESULT IN SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…PREPARE FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF MINOR DAMAGE AND BRIEF POWER OUTAGES.
Updated Sep 18, 2012, 2:50pm EDT
See more information at Weather.com.