Want to help DA become even greener? Did you like the recycling madness of our school meeting “recyclopalooza” last week? Apply to join the current environmental proctors (e-proctors) for the 2012-13 school year. I am particularly seeking NEW STUDENTS (any grade), especially 9th/10th graders, but all interested students are invited to apply. I want motivated students with ideas and passion to work for improving our campus sustainability. It does not matter if you have been an e-proctor before or if you are a boarding/day student. If you’re interested in taking part, please apply.
* Regular attendance at e-proctor meetings (usually Sundays from 4:45 – 5:45 pm).
* Monitoring recycling efforts in dormitories and academic buildings, helping educate your peers about recycling techniques.
* Taking turns running our pilot composting program in dorms, including regular collection of compost from dorms and delivery to dining hall (coming later in the year).
* Completing homework assignments between meetings, such as interviewing students about their recycling habits or showing your hallmates how to print double-sided.
* Designing and implementing student projects to improve campus sustainability.
* Modeling best environmental practices (Turn off the lights in your room! Recycle! Compost!).
* Help run the Green Cup Challenge to save electricity.
* Occasional group presentations at school meeting on how to live greener at DA.
To apply, please fill out this form. You must be logged out of any personal Gmail/Google accounts to use this, and login with your deerfield.edu login/password.
Applications are due by Thursday October 4th, 9:00 pm. If you have any questions, please email Sustainability Coordinator Jeff Jewett.