19 days ago
Want to help DA become even greener? Apply to be an e-proctor for the 2012-13 school year. There will be a smaller group selected this year, and it doesn’t matter what dorm you live in. I want motivated students with ideas and passion to work for improving our campus sustainability. It does not matter if you have been an e-proctor before. If you’re interested in taking part, please apply.
* Regular attendance at e-proctor meetings (generally bi-weekly, sometimes weekly).
* Monitoring recycling efforts in dormitories and academic buildings.
* Taking turns running our expanded composting program in dorms, including regular collection of compost from dorms and delivery to dining hall.
* Completing homework assignments between meetings, such as interviewing students about their recycling habits.
* Designing and implementing student projects to improve campus sustainability.
* Modeling best environmental practices (Turn off the lights in your room! Recycle! Compost!).
* Help run the Green Cup Challenge.
* Running a dorm “sustainability orientation” during orientation week in September.
To apply, please fill out this form. Applications are due by THURSDAY, May 17, 3:00 pm.