Deerfield’s alumni network spans the world and is served primarily by the Office of Advancement and the Communications Office. We invite current students to take advantage of the Office of Advancement Ambassador program. If selected, student leaders will have first-hand experience in all areas of advancement—from alumni relations and communications to fundraising, marketing, and related areas.
Who is Eligible?
Any rising 10th grader, junior or senior (classes of 2020-2022) can apply. New students and PGs may apply with recommendation from an administrative office.
• Meet periodically with Advancement staff to discuss interests and opportunities in the Ambassador program (minimum once a month for 1 hour).
• Assist Advancement staff with on-campus events (time varies).
• Serve on a student panel at the spring meeting of the Executive Committee of the Alumni Association (once a month for 1–1.5 hours).
• Serve as a moderator and/or host for Heritage or Ashley Award presentations at school meeting including preparing questions and coordinating with the award recipient.
• Participate in nomination process for Heritage and Ashley Award recipient selection.
• Create videos for advancement promotions, i.e. fundraising challenges or Choate Day promos.
The following are roles specific to seniors only.
• Assist Advancement staff with the annual Pathways program on campus by promoting among classmates and hosting alumni returning to campus.
• Help with senior tie selection by collecting classmate votes.
• Assist Advancement staff with promoting senior pledge, including co-hosting senior feeds.
• Opportunity exists to serve as Class Agents upon graduation.
Additional opportunities include:
• Reunions: first weekend in June. Paid positions for student panelist(s), tour guide(s) and/or childcare.
• Phonathon: second week of June. Paid positions for student callers.
• Off-Campus Events: during the academic year, student leaders maybe asked or invited to accompany Advancement staff to off-campus events, depending on interest and demonstrated leadership skills.
The skills and dispositions sought:
• Comfortable working with adults
• Strong communicators, which may include public speaking
How to apply:
Our due date is Friday, February 8, 2019
Apply at deerfield.edu/ADVAMB
Students will be selected based on their responses to the following questions and brief interview with members of the Advancement office. Once your application is received, the Advancement office will be in touch to set up your interview. All applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified Thursday, February 28, 2019. The Advancement Office will provide the final roster of Ambassadors. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Blake (email@example.com).