Deerfield Academy prepares students for leadership in a rapidly changing world.
Core Values at Deerfield
- Citizenship in a spirit of humility, empathy, and responsibility
- Face-to-face interactions characterized by joy and generosity of spirit
- Connectedness to our unique setting and the contemporary world
- Reflection and balance, promoting intellectual vitality and self-understanding
- Pursuit of mastery built on a foundation of breadth and versatility
- Shared experiences, large and small, as sources of relationships, identity, and community
Our Special Community
Deerfield Academy is an independent secondary school committed to high standards of scholarship, citizenship, and personal responsibility.
Through a rigorous liberal arts curriculum, extensive co-curricular program, and supportive residential environment, Deerfield encourages each student to develop an inquisitive and creative mind, sound body, and strong moral character.
Set in a historic village bounded by river, hills, and farms, Deerfield inspires reflection, study and play, abiding friendships, and a defining school spirit.
A vibrant, ethical community that embraces diversity, the Academy prepares students for leadership in a rapidly changing world that requires global understanding, environmental stewardship, and dedication to service.