Reporting to the Director of Summer Programs, the Summer Programs Coordinator provides support for summer programing connected to Deerfield Academy. This support includes programs operated by Deerfield Academy as well as those operated by outside partners. The Summer Programs Coordinator supports all aspects of summer programs including, but not limited to, program enrollments, marketing and communications, business development, campus resource coordination, compliance, and program reporting.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this year-round position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create, distribute, coordinate, track, and report data from all summer program forms including enrollment, medical, travel, and billing in a timely and efficient manner
- Support Summer Program admissions, including application preparation, evaluation, tracking, and enrollment
- Work with the Financial Aid Office track financial aid applications, assist with assessing applicants, and communicate awards to families.
- Support the summer Health and Wellness Center staff by completing an initial review of incoming student and staff health forms and work with families regarding outstanding requirements
- Manage drafting, completing, and sending office communications ensuring timely and effective information is distributed to summer program families and partners
- Manage program email inboxes, collaborate with Communications for website maintenance and social media presence for all programs.
- Collaborate with the Communications Office on the production of marketing materials, advertisement purchases, and email schedules.
- Assist with the timely recruiting and hiring of Summer Program employees including posting available positions, collecting applicant materials, participating in interviews, as requested, assist with reference checks, and onboarding new hires
- Assist with summer program employee orientation and training prior to the start of programs
- Triage and assist with family communication while camps are in session and coordinate the production of regular updates and camp newsletters
- Collaborate with necessary Academy departments to ensure efficient and appropriate use of campus resources and spaces.
- Support program directors with supply ordering, meal coordination, transportation needs, and other logistics needed for smooth program operations.
- Support and coordinate efforts to gather media assets for future marketing.
- Serve as a key liaison for summer campus rentals and outside partners
- Assist with coordinating requests for campus use by outside organizations by collecting necessary information and preparing information for approval process
- Assist with pre-program planning meetings including scheduling and creating detailed meeting notes and deliverables to ensuring thorough and timely program preparation
- Assist in complying with all state and school requirements for summer programs to acquire necessary licenses to operate and effectively manage risk
- Support day to day needs of summer programs while in operation
- Coordinate the collection of all required documentation from outside organizations and vendors and ensure they are compliant with state and local regulations
Qualifications include: Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s preferred; 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative support role; demonstrated experience with customer service & effective written and oral communication skills, excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal and proofreading skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under deadlines, exceptional attention to detail, ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment, ability to manage, and sensitivity to confidential information; excellent office, social media, and marketing skills, proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive, ability to take initiative, and to multi-task independently and effectively and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
The successful candidate will receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus ($500 paid at time of hire and $500 paid at the end of 90 days of employment
Click here to apply.