Deerfield Academy’s Health and Wellness Center is seeking a Health and Wellness Administrative Assistant for a full-time benefited, year-round position. Reporting to the Director of Counseling and collaborating closely with the Director of Medical Services, the Health and Wellness Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Chen Health and Wellness Center; manages the operations of the Counseling Center; and assists in data collection and reporting for the Health and Wellness Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Counseling Center Support
- Provide administrative, logistical, and operative support to the Counseling Center.
- Schedule and manage the Deerfield Academy Counseling Center clinical calendar with focus on prioritizing effective time management, caseload balancing, and effective closed-loop communication with students, families, and employees.
- Assist Director in the build out and implementation of new Electronic Health Record for Counseling, supporting ongoing data collection and reporting utilizing Excel to enhance student outcomes.
- Coordinate and support meetings, workshops, events and group sessions for students and other members of the community including advertising, logistics, resource procurement, minutes, and other follow-up tasks.
- Provide assistance and planning for short-term and long-term Student Wellness initiatives
- Maintain a list of external mental health providers and programs for referrals as needed.
- Update and maintain a Counseling Center web presence.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment to support Counseling Center needs.
Health Center Support
- Collaborate with Director of Medical Services to implement Electronic Medical Record upgrades, supporting data collection and reporting to enhance student outcomes.
- Support Assistant Director of Nursing to manage student scheduling with consulting psychiatrist, and other administrative tasks related to same
- Enter and maintain data in the Health Center’s Electronic Medical Record with focus on efficiency, consistency and compliance
- Communicate with students and their families regarding outstanding annual health forms and other medical matters in a timely and empathetic manner.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications: Associates Degree or equivalent required, 3 – 5 years of related administrative experience in clinical setting; experience with an Electronic Health Record system or the capacity for rapid acquisition of skills in the use of the Electronic Health Record system; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills; diplomacy to manage challenging workplace interactions; ability to work both independently, efficiently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task effectively; exceptional attention to detail; ability to be proactive and be an excellent problem solver; demonstrated effective communication and diplomacy skills, including patience and compassion; ability to manage, and sensitivity to, highly confidential information; willingness and flexibility to contribute to a variety of job duties; proficiency in MS Office Suite particularly Excel and Outlook; and demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and serving the needs of a diverse community.
Interested in learning more about working in the Deerfield Academy Health and Wellness Center? Watch this behind-the-scenes video with Daika Diefendorf, Assistant Director of Nursing/Medication Nurse.
The Academy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, retirement, and paid time off.
The successful candidate will receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus ($500 paid at time of hire and $500 paid at the end of 90 days of employment
Click here to apply