Deerfield Academy is seeking part-time Food Service Workers to work in our Dining Hall. Approximately 10-16 hours per week, various afternoon and weekend shifts are available during the academic year.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Setting up and maintaining various food stations, served buffets, and beverage areas;
- Maintaining and sanitizing dining tables;
- Serving food for both sit-down and served cafeteria-style meal services;
- Preparing various ingredients including vegetables, fruits, and meats as directed; assisting in cooking various dishes including meats, vegetables, starches, soups, and other items;
- Use of commercial kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, kettles, ranges, fryers, mixers and slicers;
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, food storage areas, and commercial kitchen equipment, including ovens, steamers, kettles, ranges, fryers, mixers, and slicers;
- Completion of 12th grade or equivalent;
- Have a working knowledge of food service, food preparation, sanitation, and safety practices in a commercial kitchen as well as knowledge of proper methods of cooking various food items;
- The ability to meet schedules and timelines;
- The ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and the ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others is required.
Must have current ServSafe certification, or the willingness to become certified
The successful candidates will receive a $1000.00 sign-on bonus ($500 paid at time of hire and $500 paid at the end of 90 days of employment)
Click here to apply