The Deerfield Academy Dining Hall is seeking motivated, reliable Dishwasher and Utility Workers. Various weekday and weekend shifts throughout the year, the typical hours per week for this position is 10-16 hours.
Primary responsivities include:
- Operating a commercial dishwasher to clean and sanitize all plates, utensils, glasses, and kitchen equipment;
- Using a commercial pot and pan sink to clean and sanitize kitchen equipment;
- Monitoring all plates, utensils, equipment, etc. to ensure all items have been cleaned and sanitized properly;
- Monitoring commercial dishwasher and other equipment to ensure proper functioning; performing routine cleaning and maintenance of the dish machine and other equipment;
- Sweeping and mopping floors thoroughly in all kitchen and dining hall areas; cleaning and sanitizing employee locker rooms and bathrooms; waste removal;
- Supplying service locations with plates, silverware, and other equipment as needed for various types of meal service; stocking milk coolers and ice dispensers; moving furniture to accommodate various types of meal service and operational needs.
Qualifications include: an aptitude for understanding of the operation of commercial dishwashing equipment and knowledge of proper procedures and temperatures for washing and sanitizing dishes and equipment. The ability to meet schedules and time lines, the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, the ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others and understand and follow safety procedures are required.
The successful candidates will receive a $1000.00 sign-on bonus ($500 paid at time of hire and $500 paid at the end of 90 days of employment)
click here to apply online.