Deerfield Academy is seeking a creative and passionate person to join our dynamic team in the Dining Hall. This position is responsible for baking a variety of baked goods for the Dining Hall, snack bar, and Café.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Baking a large variety of goods, including rolls, breads, cakes, pies, cookies, muffins etc.
- Using commercial kitchen equipment, including ovens, mixers, and commercial roll and cookie production equipment;
- Helping to clean and sanitize commercial kitchen equipment;
- Maintaining the bakery in a clean and sanitary condition and performing the role of Food Service Worker or Cook as needed.
- Completion of 12th grade or equivalent;
- 3 – 5 years of experience with baking a variety of items in a commercial environment;
- Experience in food service, food preparation, sanitation, and safety practices in a commercial kitchen;
- Ability to measure, scale, and follow recipes for high volume baking
- ServSafe certification or willingness to become certified is required.
Interested in learning more about working in the Deerfield Academy Dining Hall? Watch this behind-the-scenes video with Joe Ferrer, our Special Events Chef.
Deerfield offers a generous benefits package, including health, dental, retirement, and paid time off.
The successful candidates will receive a $1000.00 sign-on bonus ($500 paid at time of hire and $500 paid at the end of 90 days of employment)
Click here to apply online.