Fall Family Weekend Preview
by Patty Grennon P ’17, Cape Elizabeth, Maine
As we look ahead to Fall Family Weekend this October 14th-15th, we can anticipate our familiar favorites: attending our students’ classes, faculty one-on-one meetings, class receptions and the beauty of autumn in Deerfield. There will be numerous athletic contests “at home” on Saturday; please check your student’s individual team schedule.
In addition, families can look forward to our annual Fall Farmers’ Market on the Hess Lawn. The Farmers Market hours will be 9:30am-12:30pm and will feature fresh produce, local maple syrup, honey, granola, artisanal bread, all-natural soda, donuts and coffee. New this year, the market will feature a variety of local artisans showcasing their handmade jewelry, quilts, clothing and photography. Also, be sure to swing by the Farmer’s Market from 10-11:00am to enjoy Deerfield’s own a cappella singing groups the Rhapso-D’s and Mellow-D’s!
A Few Highlights:
- Margarita Curtis, Head of School, will welcome all families and share her “state of the school” perspective with updates on academics, faculty and student life.
- Meet and Greets with Faculty and Advisors.
- Individual college advising meetings for class of 2017 parents and students.
- Performing Arts Showcase, Hess Center for the Arts Friday evening.
- Deerfield Travel and Study Abroad Program information session, sponsored by the Center for Service and Global Studies.
- Guest Lecturer, Rick Weissbourd – “Raising Caring, Ethical – and Happy – Children.”
Monday October 17th is a Fall Term Holiday. No classes. Students must return to school by 7:30pm. See the full schedule for the weekend. If you need to make any registration updates, please contact email@example.com or call 413-774-1483.
Please note: Your comments will be displayed on this page after they are approved.