Fall Parents Weekend Preview
As we look ahead to Parents Weekend this October 17-19, we can anticipate our familiar favorites: attending our students’ classes, meeting with faculty, and enjoying the beauty of fall on campus. However, there are some changes on the docket this year. Due to a scheduling issue in an unusual calendar year, Saturday’s athletic contests will be away. While many families will be accompanying their student-athletes to games, the Academy has taken this opportunity to celebrate and highlight the opening of the fabulous new Hess Center for the Arts. Families remaining on campus on Saturday afternoon can look forward to workshops, receptions and tours of the new facility. Rest assured, this is a unique occurrence and we can expect to cheer our teams on at home in the spring. Those headed out on Saturday can still stop by the DPN-sponsored Fall Farmers Market, in front of the Arts Center, before departing. The hours will be changed to 9:30 am-12:30 pm this year, and the market will again feature fresh produce, pumpkins, maple syrup, granola, organic coffee and a variety other products from local vendors.
A Few Highlights:
- Margarita Curtis, Head of School, will welcome all parents and share her “state of the school” perspective with updates on academic, faculty and student affairs on Friday at 10:00 am.
- Mark Spencer, Director of College Counseling and Peter Warsaw, Academic Dean, will present “Pathways to College” on Friday at 4:00 pm. All parents are welcome, and sophomore and junior parents are especially encouraged to attend.
- Come celebrate the opening of the Hess Center for the Arts with our inaugural performance on Friday at 7:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served afterwards.
- The Global Studies Department will present “Summer and Study Abroad Opportunities” on Saturday at 9:15 am.
- The DPN presents the 2nd Annual Fall Farmers Market on Saturday from 9:30-12:30 am. Come and support local farmers and vendors, many of whom provide food to the dining hall.
- Student-led tours of the Hess Center for the Arts will meet at the box office every hour, on the hour on Saturday between 10:00 am-1:00 pm.
- “Creative Journeys in the Arts” will be featured from 2:00-3:45 pm on Saturday. These family-friendly workshops will offer a unique insight into each arts discipline.
- Join the Arts faculty for a reception from 3:45-4:45 pm on Saturday. This is an opportunity to ask questions and enjoy light refreshments.
See the full schedule for the weekend. We thank you for registering for meals on the DPN website. Please contact Deerfield Events at 413-774-1483, or email email@example.com if you need to change a head-count or make any other updates.
Please note: Your comments will be displayed on this page after they are approved.