Spring Weekend Preview
The daffodils and tulips planted by Deerfield parents are finally in bloom across campus, a sure sign that Spring Parents Weekend is almost upon us. In addition to the opportunity to attend classes, athletic contests and enjoy buffet meals with school families, don’t miss the following:
Friday, May 10th:
- 7-10:30 am: Coffee and refreshments with fellow members of the Deerfield Parents Network
- 10-10:30 am: Welcome from Margarita Curtis, Head of School
- 1:30-3:30 pm: College Fair
- 5-5:45 pm and 6:15-7 pm: Theater performance
- 7:30 pm: Band and dance performances, followed by a reception.
Saturday, May 11th:
- 9-10:15 am: “Success at Deerfield: How is it measured, who gets there and how?” Presented by Drs. Sheila Fritz-Ellis and Stuart Bickell
- 10:30 am-12:30 pm: Finals of the Sophomore Class Declamation Contest
- 11 am: College Advising Discussion for Junior Class Parents with Chris Gruber, Dean of Admissions at Davidson College
- 1:30 pm: Alumni Parent and Child Photo
- 2 pm: Athletic contests begin
- 7:30 pm: Music showcase Featuring Rhapso-D’s, Mellow-D’s, Academy Chorus, Madrigal Choir, Chamber Singers, Chamber Music, Orchestra
- 9:15 pm: Investiture Ceremony and All-School Sing (required for all students) followed by dorm “feeds” for students and parents.
Please note: Your comments will be displayed on this page after they are approved.