- Email email@example.com
- Tel. 413-774-1437
- Office Main School Building, First Floor
The Office of Inclusion and Community Life works to ensure that Deerfield Academy encourages acceptance and understanding of differences pertaining to race, gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, geographical origin, and sexual orientation at all institutional levels. Through trainings, lectures, special programs, and short and long term strategic goals, the office collaborates with all departments to support a campus-wide conversation and effort leading to the development of institutional priorities for sustaining diversity work.
Please view our Strategic Plan for Inclusion.
Efforts to achieve greater diversity at Deerfield include:
- recruiting and retention of students, faculty, and staff
- diversifying course offerings
- developing programs for non-traditional students and their families
- engaging alumni
- supporting international and student affinity groups
- sponsoring events and activities that highlight and celebrate diversity and multiculturalism
- other initiatives to help foster greater inclusivity