- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel. 413-774-1860
- Office Koch Center, Room 211
PO Box 87
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Mon 8:30-4:30
- Tues 8:30-4:30
- Wed 8:30-4:30
- Thur 8:30-4:30
- Fri 8:30-4:30
- Sat Contact Mr. Thiel
- Sun Contact Mr. Thiel
Deerfield Communications serves as an internal creative agency, providing strategic consulting, visual design, photography, editorial, and electronic communications support to the Academy. Specifically, we manage all of Deerfield's publications, direct mail efforts, public websites, and communications materials like photography and video. We are the people behind Deerfield.edu and The Daily Bulletin, and you'll often find us behind a camera pointed in your direction. Lastly, we manage all contact with members of the press and perform a number of community relations functions.
Our department is located in the Koch Center, just across from the ITS Help Desk.
The Communications Office Charter includes four core functions at Deerfield:
- Serve as the primary stewards for the Academy’s identity, aligning communications goals, strategies, and tactics with Deerfield’s mission, the shared emotions and experience of students and alumni, and the operational goals of the institution.
- Gather and share news and information about the Academy. Demonstrate Deerfield’s commitment to its mission—and meet the practical requirements of the Academy mission—through daily communications with constituencies. Support academic, enrollment, and alumni giving goals especially.
- Enable efficiency in the Academy operations by enhancing communication clarity, increasing speed, leveraging personal preference, and enabling the use of communications technology.
- Enable critical thinking in the discipline of Communications within the academic mission of the institution and provide practical expertise in Communications within the context of Deerfield’s academic and co-curricular programs.
The Deerfield Academy Style Guide provides editorial and grammatical guidelines for all Deerfield Academy communications. Please consult the Style Guide to find correct location, office, and event names, guidelines for using class affiliations, and many other helpful rules. Download a PDF of the Style Guide.