As we reflect on the ways Deerfield helped us grow into our adult selves, many of us will choose to make a gift in honor of our 50th reunion.
Whatever your financial circumstances, please take time to explore your options for making a special 50th reunion gift. Just as our experiences were unique, our gifts can reflect our individuality. Please review the many different ways to give (below), and know that gifts of all types (including documented bequest intentions) will count toward our 50th grand total.
Together we can build a meaningful 50th Reunion Gift to Deerfield.
Support our 50th Reunion Class Project!
First impressions are often lasting ones, and the Civil War Monument is one of the first things everyone sees when they arrive at Deerfield Academy. The prominent position of the Monument in front of the Main School Building was a familiar reminder to every student hurrying to class or the dining hall from the dorms that line the east side of Old Main Street. While we had to endure the harsh New England winters for a short time in the grand scheme of things, the Monument was not so fortunate over the course of nearly 150 years, and the Town removed the soldier at the Academy’s request for safety reasons in 2015. Presented with the opportunity to join with the Town to restore the Monument, the Reunion Committee agreed, on behalf of the Class, to raise the $125,000 needed to replace the sandstone soldier with an identical replica cast in bronze. Our decision has the full support of the Academy, the Town and the Deerfield Historical Commission.
Have an impact today:
Alumni, parents, and friends contribute nearly $7 million every year to Deerfield’s Annual Fund, providing a critical 10% of the Academy’s operating budget, and ensuring the very finest secondary school education for today’s students.
- Give Now by credit card (designate gift type as Annual Fund)
- Mail a check (Indicate Annual Fund in memo line):
P.O. Box 306
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Donate appreciated securities or mutual fund shares. Contact Debra Diemand for transfer instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-774-1839.
- Direct up to $100,000 in current dollars from your IRA to Deerfield, rather than having to declare it at taxable income. Contact email@example.com for instructions.
Consider planned giving options at Deerfield
- Bequests: Name Deerfield as a beneficiary in your will, trust, or IRA. 50th Reunion gift credit is available if you provide documentation of your bequest intention.
- Retirement Accounts: Tax-deferred retirement accounts such as IRAs can be highly taxable to your heirs. Non-profits like Deerfield can receive your IRA assets tax-free, upon your death. 50th Reunion gift credit is available if you provide documentation of your beneficiary designation.
- Charitable Trusts: Transfer appreciated assets (including real estate or privately held stock) to a charitable remainder trust to support Deerfield, realize significant tax savings, and direct a stream of annual payments to yourself or someone else.
- Gift Annuities: Fixed annual payments for life, guaranteed by Deerfield. Rates are based on age. Approximately 30% of the gift value is likely to be tax deductible.
- Life Insurance: Whole life policies (with cash value) can make great charitable gifts.
For more information on planned giving opportunities contact:
Casey Vollinger, 50th Reunion Leadership Gifts Officer: 413-774-1587 (office), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Remillard, Administrative Assistant to Gift Planning and 50th Reunions: 413-774-1584 (office), email@example.com