Come join us in April as alumni, families, and friends serve together around the globe. This year you can get involved from any city/state/country by visiting a waterway in the month of April and downloading the Clean Swell mobile app from the Ocean Conservancy, available for Android and iOS mobile devices.
In keeping with a Water Conservancy theme, join us on the Hudson River on April 7, as Deerfield Alumni and Deerfield Students partner for the first time in an exciting student-led service project on Deerfield Day of Service. Alumni-led water conservation efforts will also take place on April 7 in Chicago with our Denver, San Francisco, and Southern California projects taking place on April 21.
Here’s how to plan your own cleanup and represent Deerfield individually or as a group:
- Download the Clean Swell app on Android in the Google Play Store on on iOS in the App Store.
- Register the application and head out to a local waterway prepared to collect trash.
- Click the “Start Collecting” button and then list your “Group” as “Deerfield Academy”.
- Document the material you collect in the app. It’s easy and fun!
- Click “Done Collecting” when you are finished.
Download our quick Informational PDF or contact Ray Walker at email@example.com if you’d like more information about how you and your family can participate from anywhere around the globe using the Clean Swell app.
Lastly, we proudly have returning service projects supporting our communities in Washington, D.C. (Martha’s Table) on April 1, 2018 and Atlanta (Gateway Center) on April 7, 2018. Learn more about a project near you and sign up today!