Interlibrary Loan

Request Forms

Students, faculty, and staff may borrow materials from other libraries using the appropriate form above. Some items are received electronically in a day or two, others take longer. Recently published, reference, and special collections materials are generally not available through this service.

Useful Links to Identify Materials the Boyden Library Doesn’t Have

WorldCat: the largest global library catalog.

C/W MARS Western Mass Libraries: the collections of a large group of libraries in western and central Massachusetts.

Borrower card: To obtain a borrower card, proof of local residence is needed. With a library borrower’s card from any C/W MARS library (including Greenfield Public Library, Deerfield’s Tilton Library, Jones Library in Amherst, Forbes Library in Northampton, etc.), users may request materials online themselves from any C/W MARS library.

Five College Library Systemthe collections of UMass Amherst, and Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges.

Borrower card: If you’re interested in obtaining a library borrower card for the UMass Libraries, secondary school students need a letter of introduction from a Deerfield Academy librarian and a photo ID. Adult residents of Massachusetts need to show proof of residence and a photo ID.

Library of Congress: the large national library containing every item copyrighted in the United States.

National Union Catalog:  especially useful for locating archival and manuscript collections throughout the United States and its territories.

Boston Public Library: the collections of this large Massachusetts library.

Borrower card: If you’re interested in accessing this library’s databases and downloadable audio, video, and music, Massachusetts residents at least 13 years of age may sign up online for a temporary Boston Public Library eCard. In order to borrow physical library materials, users must upgrade to a standard Boston Public Library card.