Before connecting to an Apple TV, the iPad must be connected to the GreenDoor wireless network.
To ensure the best signal quality in the classroom, it is recommended to turn off wifi on the iPad and then turn it back on.
- Press Apple TV on button panel. When Apple TV screen appears, move on to next steps.
- Activate AirPlay on iPad **
- Slide a finger up from bottom of screen
- Select AirPlay icon (bottom center right – looks like a rectangle with a solid black triangle sticking into the bottom)
- Select classroom (all Apple TVs are named by room) and turn Mirroring On
- iPad image should now be projected.
- If image does not appear, go back to AirPlay icon and turn Mirroring On. In some cases, mirroring does not take the first time.
- Volume is controlled via Volume Up/Volume Down on button panel and the volume toggle on iPad and in app.
When done, be sure to disconnect iPad from Apple TV so next person can connect.
- Go back to AirPlay on iPad
- Select iPad to disconnect from Apple TV
- Press Off on the button panel
** NOTE: To ensure reliable connectivity, you must be running iOS 8 or later on your iPad. Please contact the ITS Help Desk if you need assistance upgrading to the latest version of iOS.