The document camera is not a permanent installation in the Garonzik. If you need to use a document camera, please be request it when reserving the room (Room Reservation Page).
If touch panel is dark:
- Press touch panel to wake it up
- Press Turn System On
- Press Make sure windows are closed before selecting a source
When touch panel is lit up:
- Press Podium
- Press Document Camera. This will turn on projector, lower screen and shades, and switch input to Document Camera.
- Open drawer on left side of podium
- Press Power Button on the Document Camera.
- Place document/object to be displayed under camera
- Document will appear on screen. Camera will Auto-Focus on document/object
- Note: The image may take several seconds to appear.
- Use Controls on the Document Camera for Zoom, Focus and to adjust Brightness
- Use Lamp Switch on Camera Head to toggle between 3 settings Bright, Dim and Off
- To Freeze image – hold image on screen while changing/replacing current document/object – press and release the Camera Icon
- To continue with another image after Freeze, place new document under camera and press Camera Icon Button.
- When done:
- Press Power button on document camera. Press Power a second time to confirm shut down. Lower projector arm and close drawer.
- Press Power Off on touch panel
- Press Turn Off Projector to turn off projector and to trigger screen and shades to retract.
This document camera has the ability to take snapshots and record video of documents/objects under the camera. In addition, the camera can be used to record video of goings on in the classroom (e.g., demonstrations, presentations). If you are interested in using any of these features, please contact Kristopher Wiemer or Heather Sharpes-Smith for assistance.