Over long winter weekend, the Deerfield Orchestra and Chamber Music programs will travel to New York City to experience with one of the world’s most vibrant musical ecosystems. We will interact with NYC-based musicians, both student and professional, in a variety of venues. We will also take in some of the city’s finest musical offerings, including a Metropolitan Opera production of “Carmen” and a concert by the Juilliard Orchestra at Lincoln Center’s David Geffen Hall.
This program is open to students who are currently participating in the Orchestra and/or Chamber Music programs. To apply for this program, students should complete the online application by October 29 . Financial aid is available for all trips with priority for students who have not previously received aid for a Deerfield trip.
Thursday, January 31:
- Travel to NYC by bus
- Rehearse or attend chamber music concert (evening)
Friday, February 1:
- Interactive event with Brooklyn High School for the Arts (daytime)
- Juilliard Orchestra Concert (7:30pm)
Saturday, February 2:
- Community Venue Performance (morning)
- Attend Met Opera Performance of “Carmen” (1pm)
- Rehearse (evening) or attend chamber music performance
Sunday, February 3:
- Interactive Public Performance Project (in a NYC Subway Station or similar public venue)
Monday, February 4:
- Community Hospital Performance in AM
- Travel back to DA by bus
* This itinerary is subject to change
- During this trip students will stay in a hotel or hostel. Meals will be at the hotel and at restaurants.