News

Classical Like You’ve Never Heard It: Wednesday

December 14, 2010

It is with great pleasure that I invite you all to the first Schuler Concert Series event of the year.  The Synergy Brass Quintet performs more concerts than anyone in classical music today, averaging nearly 300 engagements per year.  They have cultivated a uniquely exuberant style of presentation that has been called a “rock star approach of performing”.  In addition, they dedicate an enormous amount of time to the education of tomorrow’s musicians and music-lovers.
The ensemble will be presenting two public offerings tomorrow (Wednesday).  The first, from 1:00-1:45pm, will be a fun and interactive program specifically designed for our music students (who are required to attend).  Then at 7:30 in the evening, the quintet will present a more formal concert presentation.  Both programs will be held in the BLACK BOX THEATER, and are free and open to all members of the Deerfield community.

On a personal note, I brought these guys to my church in California a few years ago and they are truly incredible – this is indeed classical music like you’ve never seen it before.  To get a flavor for what they’re about, I invite you to take a moment and check out this introductory video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpsK8ce8iPQ

I very much hope that many of you can attend one or both of tomorrow’s programs.