Here is the truth! Your data* can be permanently lost if your computer is stolen, has a hardware failure, or even drops on the floor.
What you need to back up data:
- Your laptop
- A backup destination:
- Blank DVD’s
- An external hard drive (like pictured)
- An account with an online storage provider (for example: Dropbox - check it out!)
- A normal backup could take up to 30 minutes on one dvd
- A normal backup on a external hard drive could take up to 10 minutes
Tips to follow:
- Pick a time once a week to back up data. Once you are comfortable with the process try doing it daily!
- Never depend on someone else to back up for you
- Make sure to close out of all applications and files before you run your backup
- Most importantly – feel free to ask for help. We’d be happy to assist!
*Refers to pictures, music, movies, and documents.