Student Council has been working on getting a fire pit placed outside of the Greer Store. We believe that sitting around a fire during the cold Winter months or a starry night in Spring would help bring students together to have fun.
Rules Regarding the Use of an Out-Door Fire Pit
Use is allowed only within these guidelines:
- The Security Officers must know when the fire pit is in use. This can be done by calling Security at (413) 772-9880.
- All fire wood and fire starters must be obtained through Security at Memorial Building.
- All fire must be out 15 minutes before check in (time varies depending on users).
- The fire pit is only to be used on weekends, but is not permitted to be used after Sunday sit-down dinner.
- Fire is only allowed within the designated area outside the Greer Store.
- Once the fire is started it must not be left unattended without notifying a security officer.
- The Security Officers will only give out 5 logs initially. If you wish to obtain more logs, you must return to the security office.
- The fire starters and extra wood must be returned to the security office when you are finished.
- All safety screens must be in place at all times when fire is lit.