Main School Building

Erected on the site of the former Dickinson High School and Deerfield Academy Building of 1878, the Main School Building was completed in 1931. It was designed by Charles Platt, and initially served as the classroom building for the entire school. After renovations in the 1980s, the building now houses history classrooms, the admissions office, and many of Deerfield’s administrative offices, including:  

The Caswell Library, located on the first floor, serves as the Admissions waiting area. Mr. Boyden’s maxim, “Look up to the hills,” is inscribed above the fireplace.