Deerfield is fortunate to have outstanding athletic facilities, both on and off campus, that include over 95 acres of athletic fields.
- 18 tennis courts
- Two paddle tennis courts
- An eight-lane 10mm full pour track surface with two synthetic turf fields, a Sportexe Victory Turf surface primarily for field hockey (the Varsity will occupy it in the fall), and a Sportexe Powerblade monofilament surface that is multipurpose. Both fields can be used for soccer and lacrosse in inclement weather or during the spring thaw, and football can use the monofilament field as an emergency game or practice field.
- A Major League quality baseball field was recently constructed with the help of Mark Altman, who was also involved in the construction of fields for Major League Baseball and the National Football League
- Ten international squash courts
- Two gymnasiums housing two basketball courts
- A spacious wrestling room
- Fitness center equipped with free weights, Keiser weights, and more
- An indoor hockey rink
- The David H. Koch Natatorium, with an eight-lane pool and separate diving well. The pool facility is the largest at a New England boarding school.
The Deerfield crew, golf, and ski teams all practice and compete at off-campus locations even when “home.”
Crew: The Hammerschlag Family Boathouse
The Hammerschlag Family Boathouse, located on the Connecticut River, is a 5,900 square foot facility housing 20 rowing shells ranging from singles to eights. Two team rooms are equipped with ergs, free weights, and exercise and video equipment. (Directions to the boathouse are available.)
Golf: Crumpin-Fox Golf Club
Deerfield’s golf teams play at the Crumpin-Fox, just 13 miles from campus. You can find detailed directions and contact information at the Crumpin-Fox website.
Skiing: Berkshire East
Located just 25 miles from Deerfield at 66 South River Road, Charlemont, MA. Berkshire East is “home court” for our ski teams. More information about directions and accommodations can be found at the Berkshire East website.
Deerfield students enjoy the cheers and support of their peers–and that support is all the more welcome at “away” games. If you wish to attend athletic events off campus, directions from our campus to our athletic competitors are available.