Deerfield Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced English Teacher to start August 15, 2015. We’re looking for a teacher who cares deeply about the welfare of our students, works collaboratively with colleagues, and is deeply committed to developing an inclusive community. As a private boarding school, Deerfield actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty. We also offer an outstanding working environment, excellent benefits, and students who are eager to learn.
- The primary classroom responsibility will be to teach the various levels of English and American Literature and Language appropriate for a secondary school.
- Other responsibilities include those that are normally part of a boarding school commitment: dormitory association, dining hall duties, committee work, and other routine duties.
- Five years of experience teaching English at the high school or college level.
- A master’s degree in literature is preferred.
- Interest and demonstrated skill working with adolescents is essential.
- The interest, initiative, and energy to thrive with a lively and fast-paced workplace, a sense of humor, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated multicultural competency
- The desire to live and work in a residential academic community.
Apply here for the English position.
Deerfield Academy is a private, coeducational boarding school located in Western Massachusetts with 630 students and 125 faculty. The Academy was founded in 1797 and has no religious affiliation.
Deerfield Academy is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity Employment and nondiscrimination against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status as a veteran or being a member of the Reserves or National guard, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.