Application Part I: Candidate Profile
The Candidate Profile is the first part in the written application for Deerfield; it is accepted by many schools and is designed to simplify the completion of biographical information for prospective students and parents. Your Candidate Profile should be submitted well in advance of the January 15 application deadline with the appropriate application fee:
- For students living in the United States or Canada, the fee is $60.*
- For students living outside the United States or Canada, the fee is $125.*
* Fee waivers are available by contacting the Admission Office.
Application Part II: Short Answers and Essays
Our Short Answers and Essays section of the application is unique to Deerfield. Please submit this section on or before our application deadline of January 15.
Application Part III: School Report and Recommendation Forms
All recommendation forms are to be completed by your current teachers. Have your teachers fill out your recommendations online, or download all four recommendation forms listed below. Recommendations can take time, so be sure to ask your teachers early: early December is a good time to start.
- School Report including official transcript
- Current English Teacher Recommendation
- Current Math Teacher Recommendation
- Current Teacher Recommendation, to be completed by a current teacher in an academic subject other than English or math
Application Part IV: Graded Essay
Please submit with your application a copy of a graded essay paper, complete with teacher comments, from one of your current academic classes. You can submit your graded essay one of three ways:
- Submit your graded essay online. Instructions on how to send your graded essay are included in Part II of your Gateway application.
- Email a scanned copy directly to the Admission office
- Send a copy to the Admission Office via postal mail.
Note that Deerfield accepts students for September enrollment only. Our application deadline for September 2014 enrollment is January 15, 2014. Your application, teacher recommendations and results of standardized testing should be submitted on or before January 15, 2014. If you are not able to submit your application by January 15, be aware that we will make every effort to consider late applications, however we cannot guarantee a March 10 notification. If you do not meet the January 15th application deadline, please follow our late applicant guidelines.