View the full program and schedule by clicking the image to the right.
Highlights of the weekend include:
Thursday, June 5
- 1:00 – 5:30 pm Registration for the Class of 1964 and Grand Class Alumni (post 50th)
- 6:00 pm Reception for the Class of 1964 and Grand Classes
- 7:15 pm Dinner for the Class of 1964 and Grand Classes
- 8:30 pm Evening Entertainment featuring Bob Milne’s Ragtime Piano
Friday, June 6
- 7:30 – 8:30 am Breakfast for the Class of 1964 and the Grand Classes with Margarita Curtis, Head of School
- 8:45 am Deerfield Athletics: Then and Now
- 9:00 am – 9:00 pm Alumni Registration
- 9:00 am Back to School
- Global H2O: Deerfield’s First Capstone Course
- Achilles Heal: What Ancient Greek Literature Can Teach Us About the Invisible Wounds of War
- 10:15 am Student Life Panel
- 12:15 pm Lunch for the Class of 1964 and Grand Classes
- 1:15 pm Can Public Service Still Serve the Public Good?
- 1:15 pm Historic Deerfield Treasure Hunt
- 1:30 pm Can Curriculum Build Character in the 21st Century?
- 2:15 pm Spirituality & Social Justice
- 3:30 pm Deerfield Today
- 4:00 pm Children’s Program Begins
- 4:45 pm Deerfield in 2014
- 6:00 pm Service of Remembrance for the Class of 1964
- 6:30 pm Class Receptions and Dinners
- 9:00 pm Music and Dancing with the “Faculty Band”
- 2:00 am Bar Closes
Saturday, June 7
- 7:15 – 9:00 am Breakfast for All Reunion Classes
- 8:00 – 9:00 am Christian Fellowship breakfast for All Classes
- 8:00 – 9:00 am Continental Breakfast for Boyden Society Members
- 8:00 am – 6:30 pm Alumni Registration Continues
- 9:30 am State of the School Address
- 10:15 am Healthcare in the United States: Perspectives from Five Doctors in the Class of 1964
- Noon Picnic Luncheon with the Wolverine Jazz Band
- Noon Class of 2004 Lunch with Faculty
- Class Photographs
- 12:05 pm Grand Classes Reunion Photographs
- 12:15 pm Class of 1964 Reunion Photographs
- 12:30 pm All Other Classes’ Reunion Photographs
- Reunion Class Programs
- 1:30 pm Impact of the Sixties (For the Class of 1964)
- 1:30 pm The Changing Face of Education: A Discussion on the Recent Evolution of Education with Margarita Curtis, Meera Viswanathan and Eric Widmer (For all classes)
- 1:30 pm Washington Works (For all classes)
- 1:30 pm Family “Four vs Nine” kickball (For all classes)
- 1:30 pm Disc Golf Open
- 2:45 pm Teaching at Deerfield (For all classes)
- 2:45 pm Sustained Dialogue: What is Sustained Dialogue? (For all classes)
- 2:45 pm Turning Points (For the Class of 1954)
- 2:45 pm A Trek to the Rock with Margarita Curtis (For the Class of 1964 and the Grand Classes)
- 2:45 pm Wiffle Ball Tournament (Class of 2009)
- 2:45 pm Historic Deerfield Treasure Hunt (For all classes)
- 4:00 pm Optional Activities
- Magic Show for Children, Tennis
- 5:00 pm Visit with Emeriti Faculty
- 5:00 pm LGBTQ Alumni and Friends
- 5:00 pm Alumni of Color with Marjorie Young, Office of Inclusion & Community Life
- 5:00 pm Class of 1954 Meeting, Reception and The Tom Ashley Story with Eric Widmer
- 5:30 pm Class of 1964
- 6:00 pm Class of 1989
- 6:30 pm All Other Reunion Classes
- 7:30 pm New England Clam Bake
- 8:30 pm Reunion Welcome and Class Recognition
- 9:00 pm Music and Dancing with The White Heat Orchestra
- 2:00 am Bar Closes
Sunday, June 8
- 8:00 am – Noon Brunch Featuring Omelet Stations
- 10:00 am Brick Church Service
Childcare Program: An exceptional program for alumni children ages 3-14 on Friday from 4:00 pm to midnight, on Saturday from 9:00 am to noon, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, and from 6:00 pm to midnight. Activities are age appropriate. Supper is served to children Friday and Saturday evenings in the childcare tent. When childcare is not open, parents are responsible for their children.
Deerfield Stores: You may purchase your favorite Deerfield items at Hitchcock House and the Athletic Store throughout the weekend.
Housing: Every effort will be made to house you with your classmates. If you register late or are a last minute walk in, this may not be possible. Children older than 11 will have their own dorm rooms, if space permits. It is important to bring sleeping bags/pillows for children 10 years old or under.
Registration: Opens on Thursday for the 50th and Grand Classes and is open Friday and Saturday for all other Reunion Classes.
Weekend Dress is casual except for the Grand Classes and 50th Dinner on Thursday and the 50th Dinner on Friday evening, where “class dress” is preferred.
Personal Assistants: Unfortunately, Deerfield is not able to provide personal assistants to those with special medical needs.
Questions: If you have any questions about registration or off-campus housing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-774-1474.