Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve been unable to find the answers to your questions below, please email the Alumni Office. We’ll try and find the answer and get back to you as quickly as we can.
- I need an official Deerfield transcript because I’m going to grad school. Is there a fee? Whom should I contact?
Transcripts can be obtained from the Registrar’s Office by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee for a transcript.
- I need to update my contact/employment/personal information. Whom should I contact?
Please use our update form. If you need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 413-774-1474.
- I lost my class ring. Is it possible to get another?
Deerfield class rings are ordered through Jostens. You can contact them directly to arrange for a new ring, www.jostens.com.
- I haven’t received my yearbook. When will it arrive? | I’ve lost my yearbook. Can I get a replacement?
Current yearbooks are mailed to seniors in the fall by the publisher to their address on record with the Alumni Office. The goal is to have yearbooks available by late September. If you have not received yours by December 1, please email the yearbook staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that mailing to an international address will take longer. Older yearbooks are still available on a limited basis. Please contact the yearbook staff with your specific requests. Yearbooks are always on display in the Boyden Library or in the Caswell Library in the Main School Building.
- I can’t find my diploma. Can you issue another? Will there be a fee?
In most cases it is possible to get a replacement diploma. Email your request to email@example.com. Please note that the process of creating a replacement diploma can take several months. There is no fee.
- My class tie has been ruined. Do you have any left?
Since class ties were first instituted in 1983, we’ve had a small number of extra ties each year. There are a very limited number remaining and there may not be ties available for all classes. Please contact Annual Giving to find out what’s available. Or check out other ties available through the school store online.
- I’m moving to San Francisco. Can I get a list of alums in the area? | I just earned my law degree and I would like to contact other Deerfield lawyers in my area. Can I get a list? | I’m thinking about grad school at the University of North Carolina. Can I find other Deerfield alums who attended UNC?
Download our new mobile application which includes a directory. If you need help finding alumni in your area, please contact the Alumni Office or 413-774-1474.
- I’m planning a surprise party for my husband’s 50th birthday. Can I get a list of his classmates/friends addresses so that I can send them invitations?
For all requests, please contact the Alumni Office.
- I would like to get in touch with one of your alums. I was a student at Stoneleigh-Prospect Hill School in Greenfield while he was at Deerfield in the early 60′s. Can you help me reconnect with him?
We are unable to give out alumni contact information without permission to non-members of the Deerfield community. We can however, forward your message, and ask that he be in touch with you directly. Send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to get it to him. If we do not have current contact information, we will let you know.
- Can I get words and/or music to the “Evensong” for use in a memorial service?
You can find printed words of the “Evensong” and other songs in the Heritage section of our website.
- I’m planning my wedding (or other special event) and would like it to take place on the Deerfield campus. Whom should I contact?
If scheduling permits, Deerfield alums can schedule special events utilizing a number of campus venues. Contact Mike McCarthy, Director of Food Services at Deerfield Academy, for more information.
- I used to receive the Scroll and I seem to have stopped getting it. Can I get on the mailing list again?
The Scroll is available online at Deerfield.edu/scroll. If you would like to receive monthly email updates of student-generated news, please register using the box labeled EMAIL LIST on the Scroll home page.
- What are the dates for next year’s Reunion (or Commencement, etc.)?
View our Reunion homepage or events calendar for information on Deerfield events, or contact Mimi Morsman, Director of Alumni Relations.
- Do you have information on Commencement and/or a schedule of activities?
Deerfield’s Commencement takes place during Memorial Weekend each May. Commencement information will be shared with seniors and parents in March. For more information regarding Commencement, please contact Mimi Morsman, Director of Alumni Relations.
- I’m making plans to visit Deerfield and I was wondering if you have information about local accommodations.
A list of hotels, motels, B&B’s and restaurants within 30 minutes of Deerfield can be found online. For availability, rates and reservations, please contact the facilities directly.
- My father recently passed away and my mother is no longer interested in receiving mail from Deerfield. Can I have her removed from your mailing lists?
Changes to the alumni mailing list can be sent to email@example.com.
- I’m joining the Peace Corps for the next 2 years with an obvious change in financial circumstances. Can I be removed from your solicitation lists until I return?
To make changes in your record, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I make a gift to Deerfield online? Is it secure?
Gifts can be made securely online using your MC, Visa, or AMEX. Our online giving form incorporates industry standard, state of the art SSL technology allowing you to make your gift with confidence. Our giving page can also accommodate recurring credit card gifts for up to five years, and allows you to choose the frequency (annually, quarterly, weekly, etc.).
- I would like to make a gift of stock to Deerfield. Where can I find instructions for completing the transaction?
Instructions on transferring securities to Deerfield Academy can be found online.
- I didn’t receive a copy of the Deerfield Magazine/Annual Report/Newsletter (or I need another). Can you send me another?
Requests for copies of recent Deerfield publications can be sent to Jessica Day, Associate Editor at email@example.com. Copies of older issues may be available. Please contact the Deerfield Archives with your specific request.
- I’d like to send you a photo for the next magazine. I just published a book and would like it to be included in the “Recent books by Deerfield Authors” section in the next issue of the magazine.
Submissions for the magazine can be sent directly to Jessica Day, Associate Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Classnotes and related photos can be entered directly online.
- I’m working on a family history for an upcoming family reunion. I believe my uncle attended Deerfield in the late 1940′s. Do you have any information on him?
Questions regarding Deerfield graduates or former students should be directed to email@example.com.
- I’m reading the book Death Be Not Proud about Johnny Gunther, a former Deerfield student, for a school project. Do you have any pictures or information about him?
The Deerfield Archives may be of assistance.
- I’d like to find out more about Deerfield’s legendary Headmaster Frank L. Boyden.
Frank Boyden was Deerfield’s longest serving headmaster from 1902-1968. His time at Deerfield is captured in John McPhee’s 1966 book, The Headmaster. For additional information, please contact the Deerfield Archives.
- I read that the famous actor/singer, Gordon MacRae, attended Deerfield Academy. Do you have any information on him?
Gordon MacRae graduated from Deerfield in 1940. For more information, contact the Deerfield Archives.