Requests for routine support are normally handled through the Help Desk at x1444. The request is entered into our tracking system and a technician is assigned to respond as quickly as possible, on a first-come-first-served basis. Examples of routine support requests are a computer or phone not working, or the inability to print. These are normally handled only during regular business hours.
Unexpected Service Interruptions
An unexpected service interruption is the apparent failure of a multi-user computing or telecommunications system. Examples of these would be Banner or Moodle being down, a telephone or voicemail system outage, the network, email or a campus-wide file server being unavailable. These types of outages should be reported as follows:
- During normal office hours or Library Help Desk hours: Call the Help Desk at x1444.
- During evenings/weekends when the Help Desk is closed: Call the School Officer in Charge (772-9070) who will contact the person on call for ITS.
ITS On Call Schedule
Designated ITS staff will share responsibility for responding to emergencies, with a weekly scheduled rotation. This schedule and contact information will be provided to Security, Senior Staff, the Director of Physical Plant, and the Library.
Scheduled Service Interruptions
Periodically it is necessary to schedule planned system/network outages for upgrades and routine maintenance. In addition there are scheduled processes that may affect system performance on a regular basis. Nightly or weekly scheduled processes are listed below. ITS will notify the community of other scheduled outages in a timely fashion. Unanticipated emergency outages may be scheduled with limited notice.
Monthly Scheduled Maintenance
ITS reserves the right to schedule routine maintenance on servers and services on the first Wednesday of every month from 1:30 AM to 5:30 AM. ITS will send out a notice 24 hours in advance for services affected during this maintenance window.
During the course of the year, we recognize there are times when it is necessary and appropriate for ITS to be available during hours outside of our normal coverage, such as reunion, the business audit, and critical weekends in the admission process. These arrangements should be made ahead of time with ITS by contacting Wendy Shepherd.
Questions regarding these policies should be addressed to the Director of Information Technology Services.
- Student Laptop Support Policy
- Working Information Security Policy (WISP) for Employees: The WISP outlines information and data security policies and initiatives required to enhance information security.
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy for Employees and Students: This policy outlines the acceptable use of computing and information technology resources by students, faculty, and staff at Deerfield Academy.