Google Takeout allows you to download a copy of all the documents you created or stored in the various Google products (e.g,. Drive, Docs, YouTube, Blogger). This can be a great tool for backing up your content on Google to another secure location or for taking with you any content you’ve created while studying or working here.
Follow the directions below for using Takeout to create a downloadable archive:
- Go to https://docs.deerfield.edu
- Login with your Deerfield UserID and Password
- Go to https://www.google.com/settings/takeout
- Check to make sure your Deerfield e-mail address is listed in the upper right corner of the window. If it isn’t, click on the down arrow next to the displayed e-mail address and switch accounts.
- Select the Google Products you wish to backup – at minimum you should backup Drive.
- Click Next
- Set File Type to .zip and set Delivery Method to Send download link via e-mail
- Click Create Archive
- The archive process will begin. You can stay on this screen until the archive is complete and then download the resulting file. Or you can move on to other work and wait for the e-mail that will arrive indicating the archive is ready.
- Download the archive file (.zip)
- You can unzip this file onto your computer or upload to your personal Google account.
NOTE: Google Takeout works for both DA Google Apps for Education accounts and personal Google accounts.
If you have any questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk (x1444).